Friday, December 30, 2016

Fixer Upper: I See the Light

     One of the great features of this house is a huge pantry with deep shelves that beg for varying height storage solutions. We're at the beginning stage of planning for kitchen cabinets and I've negotiated (!) a pantry cabinet I'd use for grocery items necessary in the kitchen.

      I use the big, back pantry to store not only groceries, but also bar-b-que tongs and grill grates and accessories, blender, waffle iron, pressure cooker, toaster, and other small appliances. In addition, seasonal baking items are stored there. So, there's a great need for a pantry in the kitchen. One day, it'll all get sorted out and things will go where they belong.

As of this month, though, I've traveled from the kitchen to the pantry enough times to count as a personal workout.
     In addition: no light shines anywhere near the pantry. The overhead utility room light does not illuminate the pantry located in a passage way near the back door. I use a flashlight to find the canned asparagus.
light! 
 
wires and switch!   

   Today, Marvin fixed that problem. He ran WIRES and fixed a SWITCH and attached a light bar above the pantry door facing the inside of the pantry.
    I flip a switch and VOILA!  Light! I'm so excited, I could dance a jig.

   My husband made it a point to please me by doing this special thing for me today. It was no easy task and he had to do more than wiggle his nose. It could have waited, but it didn't; other things waited.

     I got a pantry light today.

1 comment:

  1. Marvin sounds a lot like my husband. It's wonderful to be married to someone who's not only handy but thoughtful, too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: