Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Fixer-Upper in Bright Blue

Today, the remodel project's beginning sped into reality: the contractor arrived before breakfast to get the first part of the project nailed (hmmmm) down.

Soon, the dumpster slammed into place and the porta-potty (!) was set. (I doubt any women will be using it.) The HVAC guy made pertinent observations and all these events took place before noon. My goal: stay out of the way and concentrate on paint colors.
Later, "construction paper" was applied to carpet and flooring. (Not in a rainbow of colors, which I first thought when M. talked about construction paper. I wondered 'why would Marvin need to buy construction paper...I think I have some in my craft basket!')  "Vis-queen" (queen being the word that caught my attention) is hanging in the entry hall. 
Tomorrow, the contractor arrives with his crew at 7 AM(!). Amazingly enough, I have an appointment to get my nails done and start some Christmas shopping. 
Staying out of the way is one of my best skills.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have the right idea. Get those nails done and shop.

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: