Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Fixer-Upper: The College Experience

Never underestimate the benefits of the college experience.
A plethora of scholarly tasks engage the collegian and practicality rides alongside, outside the classroom.
Judi, Linda, Jane, Donna

Courses in statistics, college algebra, 20th century American literature, and "tracing the rise and fall of world civilizations" prepare students for an endless array of party conversation.

Dorm life, however, prepares students for L-I-F-E. Getting along with roommates, sharing everything except boyfriends, budgeting time and quarters for the laundry, and conducting midnight psychology and philosophy 101 sessions rival the refined skills of clocking in 30 seconds before curfew and learning to play the air-guitar. Dorm life gets down to the "nitty-gritty."

Ironing 101-revisited
Why I'm ironing in the bedroom. Dry Cleaners, here I come.



Who could imagine that at this age (!), I'd be putting to use one of the essential skills I learned in the dorm. Back in those days, though, I only ironed the collars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: