Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Winter Wreath: "a little sappy"

             A project came along before my artsy studio could transform into anything other than a storage dungeon.
             Last year's stored away Christmas wreath begged to become this year's Winter wreath. The kitchen island became the work space; glitter and sequoia sap (a little sappy-Clark Griswold) shed all over the counter top; glitter fell into my coffee. The old ribbon was removed and ...
a cup of glitter coffee
                    Step 1 - re-securing the cones to the wire wreath.
                    Step 2 required a trip to the 50% off Christmas Decorations department at W..-M..t. "Natural" greenery and smaller cones, some with a hint of snow, jumped into the shopping basket. I kept wondering, "Is this too much?" I answered myself, "No! It needs to be bold."
stuff it!
                   
Step 3 involved "Stuffing it." As a sweet friend and I learned in Christmas tree decorating class, the absolute must for gorgeousness is "Stuff It." The same holds true for pretty wreaths. Just keep on stuffing greenery and other natural looking materials into the wreath, among the cones. Remember, the cones are "a little sappy."

Step 4 utilized ribbon in three different fabrics and colors: brown, tan, and gold. I make up "how to create a great bow" every time I tie one.
                   


Step 5 - the final touch included extra ribbon, gold accents, a few cotton bolls, and a prayer that I can get the glitter and sap off the kitchen floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: