Friday, December 16, 2016

Fixer-Upper: Popcorn, Dressing, and Brownies



One of today's tasks deals with popcorn. . .(ugh!). . .ceilings.

The crew is removing the popcorn finish from the ceiling in the Master Bath and Closet area. The crew already removed the popcorn finish in the MBR. What once was a studio for Mrs. Brewer (excellent artist) became a catch-all room that was counted in square footage but was of no purpose or value when we bought the house. It will be of utmost value now.

"Better to remove that ceiling mess at this stage than when the walls are in place," Marvin told me. Makes sense.

While construction continued, I made the dressing (family recipe, of course) for Mr. Turkey and baked some icebox cookies (that I shared with the construction crew). I did not, however, share the brownies I made for David and Richard who will be here tonight for our Christmas weekend .

I think I better send them my new address: "Your parents have moved!"

(PS. While Marvin was out getting his tire fixed, I hung 4 pictures. I used nails and picture hangers, a hammer, and a strong sense of center. I did not use a tape measure, not one single time.  Pssst: don't tell!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: