Monday, January 2, 2017

Fixer Upper: It's all about the Paint

             God has been painting His world with spectacular sunrises, sunsets, shadows and light. The Painted Desert, Purple Mountains Majesty, a rainbow, and the gorgeous scenes in America point to the master Artist.
             
One of San Francisco’s most photographed areas contains a row of houses; at least three different colors decorate each exterior. These Painted Ladies are a sight, for sure.
            Singer Kenny Rogers begged Ruby not to take her love to town though she’d “painted up” her lips and curled her tinted hair. Then, novelist John Grisham told of the prestige associated with paint, especially for a house in the 1930’s.
           DIY folks paint everything from antique furniture and brick fireplaces to concrete floors. While researching paint colors and other trends, I pondered also what to do with “not-so-modern-at-all” white appliances that dominate this inherited kitchen. I found Pinterest loaded with ideas. I   acknowledged that the appliances work and I am not among those who can toss out working appliances. Then, a Board about paint trends triggered a 1980’s memory: I owned an extra refrigerator and had it professionally painted. As I recall, it was painted bronze over white.
           And then, VOILA’! I discovered STAINLESS STEEL PAINT.
sample of a Stainless Steel painted appliance
      Yep, I can paint my white appliances “Stainless Steel.” Small sheets of a darker, see-through covering give touch control and continued access to the control panels. New manual controls for the stove, however, would become necessary.
      When I install new cabinetry, the appliances will be pulled out, so now’s the time to determine if I should attempt this DIY for each of the appliances.

      Thoughts, recommendations, opinions, suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: