Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Queen and Me

          What's in that purse? You know, the one that Queen Elizabeth II carries.
So much a part of her ensemble, fashion reports state that Queen Elizabeth "wears" the purse as part of her iconic look. She does not carry a purse; she wears a Launer handbag.
         The handbag has been photographed along with the Queen, even in family portraits. I do find the Queen's wardrobe to be quite beautiful for her position and her age. She's stylish. But, most often I have seen the black purse to compliment the black pumps.

            Upon investigating photographs, I did see various size handbags and a couple of more subtle. cream colored bags  such as the one she chose for William and Kate's wedding. No clutch and no over the shoulder bag will do - too difficult to manage while shaking hands.

         I investigated my purses: the ones lined up in my closet. I use one per season that equates to a suitcase - it holds everything. "Hey, do you have an emery board?  a mint?  a lip gloss? a computer? a sledge-hammer?"
Some smaller purses won't hold a fold-over, snap clutch. They, too, are lined up on the purse shelf. I carry them on special occasions to compliment my outfit. Girls do that. We take our lead from the Queen.

       The thing many of us have in common with The Queen is this:  we need a purse to carry glasses, a mint, some Kleenex, lipstick, a compact with mirror, and some "mad money." Also, did you know? She carries a little hook thing so her purse is never placed on the floor!  Hey, me, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: