Sunday, July 3, 2016

Ice Cream Served with Low-Guilt

     What would July be without peach ice cream.
 
     While Marvin and I set out to lose weight, which needed to happen for health and personal preference, now we have incorporated the basics of the diet into our eating habits. I'm one of those who must watch the calorie intake. When the body does not have carbohydrates to burn for energy, the body will burn fat, instead.
       I'm still a sucker for all those foods that jump directly from the plate onto my hips. Conscious of what I'm putting into my mouth, I choose protein to fill the call for food, protein over carbs. Though not a purist, not a paleo proponent, nor a vegetarian, I've become aware of what puts immediate pounds and inches onto my silhouette. Straying from the plan is not in my best interest.
      Atkins calls for strict obedience to low-very low carbs. If you eat carbs, it blows the effect. I casually added pounds with casual consumption of catfish and french fries.
       The holidays that traditionally revolve around delicious culinary treats are my downfall. I'll have to hit the gym and rewind the diet plan after the 4th.
     Splurges exist. Our favorite is Yarnell's Guilt Free Ice Cream. (6 net carbs)
       You might join in on an ice cream splurge with Carb-Smart from Breyers  (4 net carbs).
Either will work for Low-Carb. Smush up some fresh peaches sprinkled with Splenda, blend. Voila! Taste the Summertime Magic

1 comment:

  1. I admire your dedication to that healthy routine. As a Searcy girl, I'm partial to Yarnell's Ice Cream. I'm going to try out that guilt-free version. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: