Friday, July 8, 2016

Show Me the Money

Leaving money on the table is not something I recommend.
I'm not talking about tips for a restaurant server.
I'm talking about money that's offered, money (savings) that I grabbed with gusto.
I once clipped coupons.
It was great fun to see the register "cha-ching...cha-ching" in credits!

Then, I became too busy for my own good...too busy to clip.
Or, if I clipped, I'd let the thing expire or I wouldn't buy exactly what the coupon was offering. Drat!

Well, my friend and "step-daughter-in-law" (whatever!) Kathy Gatewood is a Frugal Fanatic.
So is Renee Gatewood Faust.
Both girls are "pro"-level savers.
I have been re-inspired.

Time is mine, more than its been in the past umpteen years.
I can make a grocery list on Kroger's web site and load coupon savings to my Kroger card! What!

My Walgreen's Reward's Card gives me points - sync'd to my FitBit - points for walking - that I do anyway- points that add up to money-saving opportunity.


Walmart honors coupons and has online specials.

Once, I made the mistake of going down the aisles at Sam's Club and bought so much in bulk that I had no place to store it. I'm over that.
I don't buy things just because there's a coupon. I buy what I normally buy and get savings from coupons - on line and/or from the Sunday paper.

And, I signed up for E-bates!
If I'm gonna buy it anyway, I'll take a small percentage refund. The quarterly payment might be more than my oil dividend! I like shopping on line - if I get money back for doing that.

I'm back on the wagon!
Send my check to .... (cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: