Monday, July 28, 2014

Sock on the Mantel

Erma Bombeck was my idol...with her take on housework.  Done correctly, it could kill you.
So, for self-preservation, I avoid it.
One of her best articles featured "the sock on the mantel."
The principle is this: If an item remains where it was last placed for long enough, it "belongs there."
If a sock somehow flies around the den and lands on the mantel, leave it there. Left long enough, it will have a permanent home.
"Sock on the Mantel" is my mantra in clutter management and housework avoidance.
That's why my husband's 3rd place ribbon from last year's Labor Day 5K remains on the end table, where it belongs.

1 comment:

  1. You make me feel better about the portion of my kitchen counter where mail and other paper piles up. Can't seem to ever get it all cleared away!

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: