Saturday, September 27, 2014

Homecoming and Platform Heels at Antique Archaeology in Nashville

While visiting Antique Archaeology in Nashville, TN, this weekend, I learned several things:
1.     Mike and Frank show up about twice a month. They bring new picks and display them  just as they were found. The showroom in Nashville does not occupy the entire warehouse, but only a 50x50 space. Many items, but not nearly what you'd expect from watching American Pickers.


  A specialty framed calendar with the original artwork and original January, 1923, was beyond my pocketbook.  Oh, I wanted to buy it – a beautiful custom framed photo of a  NEKKID Woman – Mother was born January 12, 1923.
   




An Indian motorcycle was ready to ride, also a Coca-Cola
machine,charging a dime. Do you remember the Coke for 5 5 cents? And then 6 cents with a side box for the penny?
Photo-bomber was quite fun and funny!





 TSU is located close to this area. The fans were in Memphis a while back for the Delta Heritage Classic.  Friday they were in the streets of Nashville.  It was Homecoming.  I was pitifully under-dressed.  My shoes did not sport a 6” high platform heel with straps.  My slacks were not stretchy leopard print.  And my sashay was not sassy enough nor my hair big enough.


The area around S.12th street in Nashville is just south of the downtown area, off Church Street.  1300 Clinton is the address.  Mike and Frank and Danielle have made this site the #2 tourist spot in Nashville.  Can you believe that?

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how many sprained and broken ankles the ER/doctors offices see these days. The first nekked woman calendar I ever saw belonged to my neighbor's dad. It was of Marilyn Monroe, obviously taken before she made it in Hollywood. I think S and I were in 2nd or 3rd grade! Oh, my. Shocking to this little sheltered girl!

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: