Sunday, September 14, 2014

"Confused. Who is E.J. Gordon?"

          When an author uses a pen name, many reasons for doing so surface. Usually, it's for privacy.  If not for the author, for those whose story is part of the memoir, as it all plays out.
          In my memoir, no names are used, yet the stories are candid and highly personal, the voice authentic. The memoir is a testimony to God's action in the lives of His children. Specifically, His action in my life.  I do not wish to deny any of that or keep that story a secret.
          But, I had wished to shelter those who might have desired a form of privacy. That may not be possible.
          Book signings and book talks are scheduled.  Local writers club members have asked, "How are you going to handle that? Are you going to wear a disguise?"
"No, I'm going to be there and invite others to buy the book and be encouraged by it.  I don't know exactly how that will work, but I will handle that when it comes."
            It will be interesting. Many friends both local and far-flung have commented, "You must share that YOU have written this book. It's wonderful. Such a story."
            I recall the scene in Moonstruck.  It's in the kitchen, with all gathered around the breakfast table. Loretta says that she loves Johnny, her fiance shows up from visiting his dying mother in Italy, her mother and father agree that he will stop seeing his floosy. The poor grandfather covers his face and weeps, saying,  "I'm so confused."
Sunrise in a Lemon Sky available NOW 
Sunrise in a Lemon Sky available NOW
            Maybe that's me.  Am I confused, or are you confused?  
            Who is E.J. Gordon? She's my muse.
             She is my great grandmother (Ella Jane Gordon, one of the women for whom I am named.) 

            I have a professional press release forthcoming. Those who have read the book have liked it.  I will still use the pen name E. J. Gordon; however,  I will not shy away from sharing the book and its story as mine.
             All things come together at the right time, it seems.  
             Are you still confused?

E. J. Gordon is on Facebook. (EJ Gordon)
Email  for E.J.Gordon is ellajane.jg@gmail.com

E.J. Gordon writes a Blog to promote Sunrise in a Lemon Sky. It's located at www.goodnessgraciousgirl.wordpress.com

1 comment:

  1. I am discovering some email notifications that I must have hurried past while we were getting Terry's aunt settled in nursing care. I want to read your book!

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: