Monday, October 1, 2012

Great Pumpkin Arrival

             For several days I entertained the notion of offering ACT Prep classes in November-December and again in March-April for the students at Rector HS.  Then, I decided I’d be the Rector Jane Ross!  I got excited about the preparation and such, considered getting an updated Baron’s and going online at ACT.org and getting together some lessons for the Reading, Science, and English.  Then, I’d hire a Math person.  Get back, evil thoughts!  Get down from that ledge!  Don’t even think about it!  OK, I came to my senses. I began to think about when I would study and when I would offer the classes and how quickly I’d have to get it together and publicize for the December test.  All of a sudden, I had a flash:  I don’t have to do this! Good Grief, Charlie Brown!  So, I won’t.  Take that!  And that!  I probably will sometime….but, I just don’t quite have the time right now.
            Tonight are the Auditions for Suspect Hollywood, our Dinner Theatre short drama to accompany Night of Chocolate.  I don’t plan to audition, but will attend because the Arts Council is the sponsor of the event.  Today was a Great Pumpkin October 1 since I got to get the wreath made for the front door (see photo) and put out my Fall garden flags.  We are closing the pool this week.  Isn’t everyone ready for Fall? 
           Another project:  I am teaching myself to crochet!  There are these absolutely cutest navy and white baby boy “sneakers” booties that I plan to make for Gina (shhh!) for Mitch’s baby.  She cross-stitched for me and mine, so I’m going to try to return the gift, somewhat.  I do hope it turns out.  Perhaps I should start today. Even if she reads this, it’ll still be a surprise if they turn out gift-worthy!  I did knit a pair of slipper sox for Aubrey and a set of booties for Renee’s friend Hillary who is having a girl in January.  (see photos)
         Has anyone read any really good books, lately?  I have downloaded a few onto my KindleFire from the Library, but returned them within about 2 chapters.  Dull, dull, dull.  Maybe I am ruined after Gone Girl and “the Trilogy.” Grisham is supposed to have a new one coming out, and I am thinking of reading Light Between Oceans…has anyone tried that?  How about Beautiful Disaster?
         
For those who have been to Rector and have seen the Corner Bookstore and have found it Closed,  well, Mrs. Timerean has opened it again.  I went in today and it is an overwhelming collection of used paperback books.  BookStop Plus and several other “SWAP” book stores remind me of this store. I remember one summer when I read every romance novel I could and swapped in a bookstore on Mendenhall.  She has hardback collections and paperbacks – just about everything written by Nora Roberts, Mary Higgins Clark, Danielle Steele, Lee Child….etc…etc.  She’s such a sweet lady, but she needs HELP in getting her collections weeded – if this were a garden, it would be overtaken with random wildflowers.  Pretty, but so much, it’s difficult to decide what to do next, which way to turn.  Very interesting place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: