Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Long Way From Our 1st Bottle

             Of Oil of Olay, that is.....The time has come. No longer can I ignore the fine lines that have arrived uninvited to the under eye area. That hint of darkness has not a thing to do with a long night of partying. Not Estee’ Lauder Sunlight product nor bronzer can restore the youthful glow and lightness to my complexion. Even my conscious attention to attaining more Vitamin D without Rx cannot add that sun-kissed healthy glow to a suddenly “dull” complexion. If I could stand the pain, I'd use a bag-clip on that extra skin around my smile and get rid of that sad-sack look. I must take more desperate measures. Time to take to another bottle…of moisture, the tube of cleanser, the buffer, a clay mask, and the twice daily intense clarifying lotion. Debby Boone is into Lifestyle Lift and it's "More Affordable than I might think." I'm skeptical.
          Gone are the simple days of Pure soap and water, Nutragena Complexion Bar only.  My Bunco group test-marketed a complexion under-makeup and night cream that I really liked, but the FDA has yet to approve it, I guess. The magic in a jar would probably cost a fortune and be distributed only at a Med-Spa or through a dermatologist. I’ve been very lucky to have inherited my Daddy’s coloring and skin type, so I did not suffer acne and have had very few flare-ups, even as an adolescent. So, what are these tiny under-the-skin bumps on my forehead?
          I refuse to take a “before”picture –there are enough of those circulating now. I have employed 2 beauty coaches: my dear friend Tricia who looks younger each time I see her, the one who is my age and who reminded me to return to my roots: Clinique.  The other consultant is my step-daughter, Renee’, who is all about the newest, latest, greatest products for skin and hair and has her own account at ULTA and several spa connections. She has offered product advice for those of us who are “aging.”
         Whoever brought up “roots”- yep, I have that “new growth” to rectify.  Today, Shelia would cringe.
             So, when I start to see a marked improvement in the radiance of my skin, I will share the product names, but until then, perhaps you, my young friends, will share your magic potions for looking so beautiful: you know who you are!!
               I should have started "yesterday."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: