Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ecclesiastes Had No Clue about California

               “I’m so happy to have moved back here, because, you know, in California, they have no seasons,” said my new friend. She stated the fact as if “no seasons” were a dreadful disease for which there is no cure.
                Really!  I had not thought too much about California…ever.

                Those loose and nutty people have to contend with weirdo politics and earthquakes plus “no seasons.” Their climate changes result from “fire, mudslide, and Al Gore.”  What can I say?
                 Some might argue that continuously moderate temperatures and sunny skies would be preferable to life in Tornado Alley, Sinus Central, or the Pine Pollen Bowl.
                 I’d like to see California before it falls into the Pacific Ocean, and would schedule a motor trip on Route 66 to culminate in San Francisco.  Driving Hwy 1 in a Mustang Convertible – yep, I’d go for that. Tourist attractions throughout California I’d enjoy seeing: Rodeo Drive, The Golden Gate Bridge, and Hollywood, of course.
               Mother asked her daddy if the family could “drop by Hollywood” while they put-put-putted from Camden, AR, to visit relatives in Enid, Oklahoma. “Sure, Honey,” was all he said, with his smile.

 Life here remains my preference where my senses pray with awe to the colors of Autumn Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: