Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The "Eeency-Weency Spider"

      A little dab will do ya!  Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down! A pinch of salt, a tad of this and a bit of that, just a hint of color, or a touch….not much, just a “smidgen.”   I don't care what size the spider is....neither does a computer care how much Diet Coke is suspended in mid-air around its keyboard.
     That’s all that’s required…a dot, a dab, a "smidgen".. of Diet Coke to get the keyboard of my laptop shorted out and the whole thing off to the HP Hospital in God Knows Where to the tune of about a zillion dollars, probably half of what the laptop cost in the first place.  I’ve called around.  I’ve checked.  Not good.
    
     Take the “moisture insurance”- no matter the cost.  I could have spilled the entire contents of the tiny plastic bottle which rested precariously upon the mouse pad from NASA (I Need My Space!).  There was but a teensy swallow left when I put the bottle down, and “ooopsy-daisy!” (Sh..#!#)  I grabbed it (the bottle and the computer), wiped the keyboard free of the, what, maybe 5 sprinkles of the vile substance.  No good did that do.  Whatever “moisture” seeped into the keyboard did the damage, even with my response time being that of a NASA engineer.

      So, tomorrow, upon my return from COURT in Lepanto, AR (another story), I will “swing by Jonesboro” and get the GEEK Squad to send “Romeo” to the HP hospital.  I call him “Romeo” because I spend so much quality time with him in the evenings.  He is usually sitting on my lap or right beside my chair, waiting for me.  I feel very much alone without him.  Bad, huh?
     So, as a dedicated scribe, I will continue to share my stories with you faithful readers, from the downstairs office area and the desktop computer.  No Diet Coke or Diet Green Tea is in sight. I should have at least bought the silicone keyboard protector, even if the plastic cover did not fit.  I have the screen protector….where was my brain???????

     And to think that Pam went swimming for 45 minutes with her cell phone in her swim outfit and that phone is still ticking today - it did not die.  I sprinkle dear “Romeo” with but a few drops of Diet Coke, and life as he and I knew it is over!  John Cameron Swayze (Patrick's Father????), where is the much needed Timex version of a laptop computer?  "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking!"
                          At least Romeo has a brother.

      I’ll share my Lepanto Court adventure with you in my next blog.  I can only hope it will not be told as I scribble upon prison-provided letter paper, as Emerson and plenty of other scholars have similarly penned their philosophies, “Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: