Sunday, September 2, 2012

"I Won!!!! - Something!!!"

The White County Creative Writers 17th Annual Writers' Conference held at Harding University Campus sponsored a New Writer Contest, among 12 other contests.  This contest subject was a "storm story" either true or fiction.  I won 2nd place!  It's a milestone for me, the first time I entered a writing contest and won - anything!  I don't know how many entries there were or what kind of real competition existed, but I really don't care!  "I won, I won, I won - something!"  My story is entitled, "I'll Have 2 Krystals" and is a somewhat fictionalized account of a trip several of us made to Huntsville, Alabama, in the middle of a tornado outbreak.  I have published it in JOURNEYS - to the right.  Hope you'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: