Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fixer-Upper: Greige is Hot on Pinterest

The mid-January celebration approaches. Something must counter the dreary cold or the damp, rainy forecasts. I read on Facebook that Queens are born in January. I do feel like royalty some days when I see this remodel take on life from Marvin's design. Whoever said being a queen is easy work?

Steps from entry to office/laundry
New entryway to kitchen will be cut.
Steps up to new floor level. Love this.
The remodel is chugging along and the carpentry will (most likely) be concluded this week.
Carport entry-door changed
The sheet rock dust (see Elvis, Alcatraz, and a Remodel) has been a killer. Even with construction paper, the dust and shavings are being tracked throughout the house and the fine particles settle on everything. Marvin has been to the doctor twice and has a red throat this time. Sweeping and vacuuming is handled daily. Seems to matter not.

One of the BEFORE photos of the "mystery room."
Two layers of ruined indoor-outdoor carpet removed.
Pictured is the door we recently replaced. This room
has become the new entry and the Master Bath with Closet.
I've devoured Pinterest boards and pins regarding style, trends, and updates for the 2017 outlook. The colors I like are "in" - gray, brown, beige, gold, silver, cream - all neutrals sometimes with a pop of color (such as teal) stemming from a favorite piece.
My boards on Pinterest are visible (311 Remodel, Home Style, Organize Me, etc.) if you're interested.

You can also read back into December's Posts on this Blog to follow the home purchase and remodel, step by step.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the same "in" colors last night when I flipped through Better Homes & Gardens and Country Living. I've been through the dust thing with remodeling. It will be worth it. I look forward to seeing the final outcome. You and I are fortunate to have can-do husbands.

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: