Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Santoku- a new game for the kitchen

I am not a chef and often look up chef-friendly terms. I first wondered if Santoku was a kind of math puzzle. When I “Googled” Santoku, the first word associated with it and knife was Japan. Ah…a small Samurai Sword to go along with my Karate Kid training movements: pose like a deranged flamingo and make attack noises often enough to scare off any attacker. 
My first ever Santoku knife comes in a lovely green design and turns out to be a multi-purpose knife, primarily used for slicing, dicing, and mincing…a “go-to” knife. My first set of ceramic knives is presented in a feisty color palate, offered by Cuisinart. They promise to be awesome replacements for those not-so-sharp knives lurking in the cooking, stirring, and slicing drawer. 
Perhaps I’ll be encouraged to cook more interesting dishes since I have pretty knives to add excitement to the kitchen experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: