Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Have a Heart Week

It was daughter-in-law Kathy Gatewood who reminded me of my 3-year anniversary.
That's right. I did not remember, caught up in Marvin's shoulder surgery rehab and daily life.

I've become accustomed to feeling fantastic. Isn't that fantastic?

To God be the Glory, Great Things He has done
For modern science and medical advances,
For Marvin who pays attention and knows when I cave in and say, "I have to go to the hospital," something is horribly wrong.
For Dr. DeWitt at Piggott Community Hospital for acting with such speed and arranging for transport.
For Dr.Harris at NEA Baptist for the tests and appropriate referrals.
For Dr. Michael Isaacson for the diagnosis of a rare and benign tumor inside my heart, called a myxoma. Like a golf ball on a string, it was bouncing around, blocking oxygen supply. He said you aren't going anywhere except to surgery. He had no backup that week and contacted his colleague in Memphis.
For Dr. Ed Garrett, heart guru of the world, for the life-saving surgery and all the nurses at Baptist Hospital Heart Center who treated me like a queen.
For Marvin who did not leave my side, except to sleep. To David and Richard, my Thomas and Lois, and the enduring Memphis friendships that have always kept my head above water.

How can I ever say THANK YOU enough.

How fantastic to walk 2.79 miles at a pace of 16:35 and live to write about it!

1 comment:

  1. This is from the Guest Writer essay back a ways, right? Good for you and the ones who read your blog to be more watchful when something isn't right. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: