Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - even in Australia

Just take the Pain Meds, Darn it, Jane. 
                  Friends know I don’t do well on meds, but have you seen me without them when I need them. That’s worse. While I rarely go “halfsies” on a dessert, I’d best go that portion on meds.  “Loopy” and “Entertaining” would be two descriptors for the result of a regular dose.
                      A charter member of the Wimp and Proud of It club, I’ve been caught in a quandary.  Doing more…but not pushing.  Fine line.  Step over it and you’ll pay, especially if you are trying to forego pain meds.
                        Not a sharp or stabbing pain, but a general discomfort, is the pain level I’d describe: bruised and banged up feeling, not around incisions.  Stitches itch and pull.  I’ve been doing my breathing treatments and have good capacity, but my ribs area is really sore, especially on the right. In fact, imagine being run over by a garbage truck.
                       Called the doc last night and he said it sounded pretty typical. That made me whine. 2-3 months of aggravating pain and general discomfort, all the while trying to get some fresh air and walk a bit. Jane, put on your big girl panties and Snap Out of It.
                      I’ll see Dr. Garrett in 2 weeks.  He has me on BP meds to keep those numbers low while the healing takes place.  Low BP makes one sluggish.  Pain meds complicate potty routines, so that’s another “sluggish” function.  While my psyche is designed to be pampered, there is a real desire to help, which gets me into trouble. I’m exhausted from carrying a “load” of lingerie to the bedroom.
                     

    Many acquaintances are survivors of open heart surgery and they are walking around having great lives.  I intend to do the same. And, as posted lately, I have only this surgery to contend with, and Hallelujah, I know I will come out on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: