Sunday, March 31, 2013

Voila'! (as if by magic): Home and Garden Show Booth

 I requested a SQUARE credit card reader so I'll be able to take credit/debit cards at my booth at the Home and Garden Show on April 27, at the Rector Community Center.
Inspired by  Elizabeth Scokin of Nashville, TN, with her Haute Coutoure Aprons, I launched a modification of the idea several years ago.  My first endeavor was as a Christmas gift for Brenda Pilant, friend and co-worker at Bartlett High School.  I designed for her a University of Memphis Hostess Apron,complete with jewels, netting, ribbon, and lace onto UofM fabric.  It was a hit!  In fact, I had requests for a UT apron which I never had time or energy to design.
Now, I have both time and energy and have been inspired to create more "designer" and "one of a kind" aprons.  Currently I have a Zebra collection with Arkansas motif, and some B/W zebra motif aprons ala Audrey Hepburn and Ann Taylor. With a salute to my potential customers, I am working on a John Deere collection (husband/wife duo barbeque designs), a Camo Collection (both manly and girly), and a Dessert Apron collection with styles I've entitled "chocolate covered strawberries," "butterscotch candy,"  "peppermint chiffon,"  etc.
Garden aprons and jeans aprons also will be in my booth.  I designed the jeans garden aprons from the back end of men's jeans so I could utilize the BIG pockets!  Inspired from a YouTube video, I must confess, I prefer prettier designs.  The fabric from Hobby Lobby, Hancocks, and Wal-Mart is so pretty and that makes it fun to work with.
On a card for one of the dessert aprons (Zebra and Pink with lace, ribbons, and bows) I advise that children be at grandma's house, because hubby will anticipate a special kind of dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: