Saturday, March 9, 2013

Nothing's Like a Teenage Girl

                There is nothing like teen-age friends, especially 14 year-old girlfriends!  The girl drama shared at my kitchen table yesterday kept me smiling and shaking my head.  Their sense of humor is hysterical.  They’ve been my little buddies for 5 years, long before Sarah Beth could drive the “Gator” out to Aunt Mandy’s to jump on the trampoline. 
                Last evening, just as I put our stuffed bell peppers main dish into the oven, the doorbell rang.  It was Sarah Beth and Shelby, my buddies. They started talking when they walked in and did not stop. Leaving their pink and brown girl-boots at the door, they made their way to my kitchen table. Their conversational style is contagious, so I chuckled and giggled right along with them.  Marvin said that most of the time there were 2 females talking at the same time.  One just instinctively knows when to take a breath.
                       The topics of conversation ranged from “an older classmate who got 3 days or 3 licks for slapping a mean girl,” “growing out your hair, your bangs, your sides…” to “well, the recipe called for 18 minutes, but I cooked it for 45!”  And how did that work out for you?  The recipe was for cookie dough topped with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, topped with brownie batter, all in the cups of a muffin tin.  They promised me a sample for today.  This time with not so much overflowing brownie batter.
                            Getting to share parts of life through the eyes of a teen-age girl is an absolute delight. It’s like grandchildren: I don’t have to enforce clean-room rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: