Sunday, February 24, 2013

Have you bought your Girl Scout Cookies yet?

Q:  What’s green and yellow, green and yellow, green and yellow and covered with cookie crumbs? 
A:  A Girl Scout rolling over a cliff.  Old joke.

            It’s time to buy Girl Scout Cookies, a tradition throughout the USA at this time of year.  Today’s a new day in scouting and in cookie sales, though. All kinds of new cookies are currently for sale, including the traditional thin mints and butter cookies. Try the new favorites like tag-a-longs, samoas, do-si-does. Marvin loves the samoas and bought two boxes outside Belk’s yesterday.  (Just so you’ll rest comfortably:  Belk’s is next door to Lowe’s and he was dropping me off at the Clinique counter while he bought shower fittings!)
Not Girl Scout Cookies
               Girl Scout Cookie Time takes me reeling backward in time to my unfortunate experiences with scouting. Dear friends loved the program, the bike trips around town, the hiking adventures, and the close friendships forged at Girl Scout Camp. I wrote them letters while they were away, but I did not attend camp.  It’s a good thing that we’re all different and cherish those different passions in our girlfriends.

Goldfish/Koi Pond where FISH sleep.
 Fortunately my mother understood how uncomfortable I was in the scouting arena. One of the things I learned about myself:  I prefer comfort and conditioned air. I will enjoy invigorating outdoor air during the day, but want a comfortable bed and climate-control at night. And bugs, anywhere, it’s a no-go.

                   Please read my story about how I became a Girl Scout Drop-Out. Titled "Brownie Drops Out," the story had nothing to do with cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: