Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Lazy Gardener

         Inspired by friends who are master gardeners, I garden in my imagination. Imagining that a Roto-tiller plows up just the right amount of ground in the shape I've sketched, I dream about gardening. Beautiful back drop, mounded plantings provide just the right colors and withstand neglect. If I could wiggle my nose and nod my head like Jeannie, I'd have several marvelous garden areas.
         Last week, I bought two gorgeous ferns, full and sprouting babies. Been watering them daily and have placed them on the deck beside the deck door, flanking a welcoming door mat, "Hello."

     
      Today, I selected 6 varying types of colorful plants for the 6 levels of shelves on the metal plant stand I bought at a neighbor's auction. I donned gardening gloves, rounded up the watering pot and fertilizer, and set to work potting the plants. Now, on each level of the plant stand is a colorful flower pot: turquoise, purple, orange, terra cotta. Each contains new potting soil and a plant that also adds color to the deck area.
         I've dug no holes, tilled no soil.
         I have flowers, nonetheless.
         I am The Lazy Gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: