Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Early Voting with Jane

               Today, we had about 20 minutes before closing on the house we sold and on the house we bought. We decided to go across the street to the Clay County Court House and participate in early voting. Another gentleman was behind us to get credentials prepared. We were then directed to the room down the hall. A voter vacated his voting machine and I was able to step right in. Easy peasy.                     Everyone was in a cheerful mood and a good spirit filled the room. I felt comfortable enough to talk. As if I needed comfort to talk. Perhaps it was a hold-over from the 50th high school class reunion this past weekend...feeling free to entertain.
              After voting, I was given a "I voted" sticker with beautiful Old Glory waving within the circle. On a table, a whole stack of the circles and another stack of ovals twinkled in red, white, and blue beauty. Marvin finished voting a second later and the attendant said to him, "Be sure and pick up a sticker."
I said with a smile, "May we have two? Between us, we voted twice."
              The jovial man who was taking my voting machine position got tickled and said with laughter, "Now you're sounding like a Democrat - voting twice and all!"
              "Oh, no," I said. "I didn't mean that. Not at all. I shouldn't be joking around. I erase that...Delete...delete...delete."
              "Now, you really played your cards...delete? Really? Where's the sheriff? Arrest this woman!"
              Everybody, except the election official, was laughing.
              Marvin was backing out of the room, "Come on, Jane, don't get yourself in more hot water. I couldn't afford your bail."

1 comment:

Your Feedback is appreciated: