Friday, August 5, 2016

Carb-Balance Pizza. Hello, Beautiful

Pizza...one of the stalwart, stand-by meals everybody loves. Pizza…coming in varieties of crust flavors, toppings, and cheesy stuffings.

It’s been difficult to bypass pizza while we’ve avoided bread, starches, desserts, and sugars. Praline pecan fudge and coconut cream pie are far too tempting, but we’ve been able to “Say No to Pizza.” We considered just eating the toppings and leaving the delicious crust to languish on the plate. Food seldom languishes on either of our plates.

Today, while roaming the grocery aisles, I thought, “I’ll make pizza for us tonight.” After all, it’s Friday night and that’s Treat Night.

The crust will be built of overlapping Carb-Balance Tortilla rounds. I pitched them into the air to add the Pizza feel! 

I’ll spread on pizza sauce, a layer of Sargento thin-sliced cheese, then the toppings: red, green, and yellow peppers and onions, browned ground beef, crisp bacon, and pepperoni. 

I’ll top it all with shredded cheese.

Voila! Carb-Balance Pizza.
 
Add a salad and it’s a meal to celebrate FriYay!

(The Pizza was my best "I Made This Up" recipe ever. How can you go wrong, though, with meat, cheese, peppers, bacon, and more cheese? The Carb-Balance Tortillas were crispy, so Thin Crust Pizza, Hello!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: