Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pizzazz in Pink

“The pool is open!”
Look who showed up to add more splashes of color to the modest little flower garden! He has a friend who arrives with him each year - birds of a feather, you know. The whimsical pink flamingo arrives like clockwork and gives pizzazz to the Lower Deck. 
It's time to refresh, relax, chill, and swim.
            Swimming is the only sport, other than miniature golf, that I am any good at. I can float like a pro. Very much later in my life, I learned why I can float so well and determined that was not necessarily a skill, but a by-product of female anatomy.
            The crystal clear, sparkling water, water that shimmers and ripples holds summer magic.The once gag-me green water invites a dip.We followed Keith’s Pool Kare procedure.That and a yeoman’s job on vacuuming, and the pool transforms. Today, it called my name. 
            The sun’s rays warm the water to a perfect temperature so all I need is the blue and gold mesh lounger I bought at Leslie’s Pool Supply in Bartlett before we retired. It's on the pool apron in the top photo...adjustable, suitable for relaxing and use as a flotation device when performing kick-laps.
     For color to the area, we added purple, red and fuchsia pinwheel, deep purple petunias to the large terracotta pots around the apron and Marvin’s magic watering system gives them a little drink every morning around 8 AM (and waters the hanging baskets, too). Sarah Geite of Geite Nursery and Landscape sent me a super morning sun cluster flower that has found its happy place.
      
      The sun, the solitude, and the sanctuary offered by this Lower Deck oasis give me a case of summertime smiles. 
       Share your summertime thoughts, favorites in the comments.
       The pool is open.
       Yes, you're invited.
       




            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: