Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Nurse Nancy vs. Nurse Ratched in March Madness

It's been quite a number of years since I saw the Chicago River turn green in honor of St. Patrick's Day. It's also been quite a number of years since I've had no interest whatsoever in March Madness.

Not one of my teams made the Big Dance: Not Memphis, nor Arkansas, not Tennessee, and even Kentucky (the team I love to hate) is a 4-seed with opportunity to lose early.

I don't plan to fill out a bracket and that hasn't happened since forever. Even if I choose the winner by mascot or uniform colors, I've always had a bracket. Not interested this year.

I even missed Selection Sunday, knowing that though Memphis played pretty well in the final going, there was not a chance they'd make the cut. And that's two years in a row. I like Josh Pastner, but the Tigers seem to have more chances to lose than win.


The weather is great, so being outside will add the excitement I look forward to this time of year.
I think I'll have plenty to keep me occupied for a while, though.
You see, I'm about to don my Nurse Nancy persona.
Marvin will undergo out-patient shoulder surgery on Thursday.

I hope March Madness does not include an appearance by "Nurse Ratched."

2 comments:

  1. I remember that green river. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the surgery went well and that he has an easy recovery. Did you see that UALR beat Purdue? Go Trojans!

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: