Thursday, August 13, 2015

Lessons from the Nail Salon

While at the nail salon today, I learned about risky color choices from a lady rather advanced in age. She was at the salon to have her "pinking about pink" color refreshed.
Her daughter suggested that the lady consider a change in nail color.
She asked what color I had chosen because "it looks pretty."
I waggled my drying fingernails painted a snazzy, new OPI exotic color, "ready for red," or something close.(see photo)
"Oooh, that's really nice, but if I wear that, people will think I'm a hussy!"
We all laughed and I replied, "Well, if this color morphs me into a hussy, my status will probably change in two weeks!"

Lessons in color: I learned that "blondes have more fun" when I frosted my hair in high school.
But, I did not know my nail polish color could catapult me straight to "hussy."
Wonder what she would have thought of the "peaking at purple" I have on my toes?


2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious and sounds like something that would come out of my mother's mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I do think blondes have more fun.

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: