Sunday, May 24, 2015

Cue the Soundtrack

          We'd arrived at the cinema at the last moment, just before the movie began. The theater seating area was darkened. We walked further and further to the front, seeking two seats together.Stepping over several people, we tried to sit quietly and get situated before the big screen illuminated and the soundtrack began. To my right was my husband; to my left sat a 10 year old boy.
          The movie:  Jaws. The blockbuster event still keeps swimmers alert for great white sharks that happen to swim near beaches.The prospect of Jaws showing up also keeps swimming pool antics lively.
           Hum the soundtrack's few telling DAH-DA, DAH-DA, DAH-DA-DAAAA! and squeals will be heard from little swimmers who never saw the first scene in the movie Jaws!
            Before Jaws made his first appearance on the screen 40 years ago, the tension in the theatre had grown to a fever pitch, partly because we knew he was going to show up. We'd seen the previews; we just didn't know when he'd pop out of the ocean and into our laps.The music kept us on the edge of our seats.
             Then, there he was!
 FULL VIEW on the Big Screen, all gray and ugly, with a mouth full of about a zillion sharp teeth. I screeched, of course, and covered my face as soon as I could.  After about 30 seconds, the little kid to my left gave me an elbow jab and said, "M'am, you can look now."

1 comment:

Your Feedback is appreciated: