Thursday, March 27, 2014

Say "Hi!" to Cher for Me

Say hello to Cher for me!
She’ll be at NLR’s Verizon Arena this weekend in her Dressed To Kill-Return from the Farewell Tour.
Last time I saw her, she was in Memphis at the Pyramid. She looked phenomenal.
But, now, without Bob Mackie, what’s a girl to do?  Pull out some old rag and try to squeeze into it?
I forgot. This is Cher who has not gained a pound in 40 years.
She’s an eye-full of excitement.
Several of us thought about attending the concert in full-out Cher regalia. We thought better of it. Some ladies did not stop to think.The audience was sparkly itself:  Rhinestones. Feathers.Bejeweled Cowgirl hats.  Mesh to cover flesh. Flesh, uncovered. 
None did justice to Cher, but the attempt was full-blown.
Her performance then (Farewell Tour) was all anyone would hope for in a concert by Cher. Mesmerizing would be the word. Colored, flashing Lights, an orchestra, multiple costume changes, Las Vegas choruses and pizazz, plus, she rode an elephant! Old songs and the drum beats brought memories flooding to the heart.  Deep breaths and dancing in the aisles.
Cher is both Dazzling Diva and an all-knowing girlfriend. Costuming makes her appear larger than life. When she sits down to chat, she's just a girl...well, not just any girl, but you get my drift.
I’m sure she’ll ask how I’m doing, so tell her that my friends and I send greetings and we are clicking our heels quite nicely.You might add that, no matter how old we get,

We’ll never be older than Cher!

1 comment:

  1. She was in Dallas two nights ago. I saw lots of video on my Facebook feed:) As a child, I loved Sonny and Cher together. I never much got into Cher without Sonny which is crazy since he couldn't sing.

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: