Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Beads and Baubles

     I accompanied Mother on errands and learned to anticipate excursions to try on hats as she shopped. Her high-heeled shoes, earbobs, necklaces, and gloves entertained me, sometimes in church. The colors and designs captured my eye and as much as Mother loved getting dressed up, I love it, too.
     Fashion accessories today are more sedate, understated. Small and precious takes the nod over large and luscious. Too heavy, too grand, too showy, too matchy-matchy ages the wearer. Borderline gaudy jewelry screams blue hair and early-bird suppers.
     Since putting aside colorful extravagances in jewelry, my craving for sugar has skyrocketed. Candy colored bling and chocolate diamonds may hold the answer to carb-cravings. I've never enjoyed a ring-pop nor have I eaten a candy necklace buy jewel colored pins and rings pull me as surely as a sugar craving.
     The eye-catching jewels are far friendlier to the figure but can wreck the finances.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: