Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Fixer-Upper: Loving a Remodel

bath counter tops and back splash
ceiling tile for shower
Love in February and Love of a Remodel: it's all relative.
I love the selections I've made regarding bathroom vanities and sinks, tile, flooring, and back splash.
WINDOWS!
The new windows are awesome.
They made a huge difference in the overall appearance of the house.
Blinds have been selected and I really like them; they'll arrive mid-March. The curtains for the master bedroom, dining room, and two guest bedrooms are terrific. Can't wait to install the rods and hang the curtains - got grommets - very modern looking.
Kirklands has a clock that's got my name on it, but I have to determine if it "ticks" all day and all night before I commit.
Gathering family photos and rearranging them with different themes is fun and I love how those collections are going to look.
Today, I purchased a great sign made of reclaimed barn wood. The Laundry sign and a several other selections will go in the laundry area.
12 x 24 tiles are very difficult to manage. Marvin is a genius
to get this project done.
We've learned a few major lessons in the master bath. Though it's all the hot trend, "24 x 12 tile is super difficult to use."  Seems as if Chip and Joanna have no difficulty, but if you could see the mess we've made with pink/red goup for waterproofing and this thin set that's anything but thin because it's designed to be used with large tile....
All the finishing work seems endless.
And we have not even started on the kitchen.

Like I said, loving a remodel, even in February, is pushing the envelope a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: