Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Good-Looking Men

Good-Looking Men
Those eyes.

Scarlett: Cathleen, who's that?
Scarlett: That man looking at us and smiling. 
Cathleen Calvert: My dear, don't you know? That's Rhett Butler. He's from Charleston. He has the most terrible reputation.
Scarlett: He looks as if... as if he knows what I look like without my shimmy.
 I wonder what Jane McBride Campbell thought when she saw a young version of John Calhoun Ritchie? That dark wavy hair. That deep, penetrating stare. The sharp, sophisticated attire.

It's part of the story we'll never know. But it never hurts to imagine what her thoughts would have been.

My Aunt Betty told me this, "You better watch him. The good-looking ones are always trouble."


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, yeah! I love handsome men, too. Younger, married, unavailable--all young men. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Calhoun Ritchie was every bit as handsome as these modern men. All of whom, I agree are easy on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: