Thursday, April 30, 2015

Know Thyself: Bass Pro kind-a Girl

            The great outdoors!  Deep Breath!  Ahhhh! The warm spring sunshine flickers on the pond, glistening as the koi and goldfish dart about in search of manna.
            The azaleas, iris, lily-of-the-valley, crepe myrtle add pastel beauty to a Carolina blue sky.
Those specimens of spring grew, be it known, with no help from me.
           
That’s why I’m pretty sure I’m a Bass Pro kind of girl. Cypress swamps, hanging moss, ducks and alligators are right up my alley – bowling alley, that is. Bowling lanes with a beautiful blue, crystal-clear water motif, dangling fish, and a ball-return shaped like an alligator mouth suggest a luxury experience.
            Hand painted wall murals and a crystal-like elevator to the observation deck and restaurant provide glow, glitter, and glam. I won’t go so far as a direct comparison to Crystal Bridges, but that did come to mind.
            Growing up with hunters and fishermen who built their own rustic lodge, aka: the river house, I’m quite familiar with panoramic views of rivers. The Ouachita River near Sparkman is quite lovely and provides great fishing, turtle shooting, and rope riding, swinging out and jumping in spots. Bass Pro at the Pyramid promises gorgeous views of the Mighty Muddy Mississippi and an interactive duck hunting experience.
What I would love even more would be an overnight in one of the suites in the Big Cypress Lodge, inspired by hunting camps I’ve never laid eyes on: dark wood trim, porches with rocking chairs, flat screen TV’s and room service. Pretty sure there’s an indoor potty, because that’s where I draw the line. The experiences at The River House began the construction of my concrete bladder.
            Once I cheered the Memphis Tigers from seats in the Pyramid, the Tomb of Doom. I’ve enjoyed Cher’s elephant riding performance there and Garth Brooks’ sing-alongs. Manheim Steamroller Christmas Concert played there, too.
I’ve admired the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, have walked along the river walk at Mud Island, and shopped at the River Market in New Orleans. This spectacle, as close as Memphis, is a shining beacon of opportunity for city girls like me to enjoy the luster of the great outdoors and get in a little shopping.

This air conditioned, no-bugs-my-lady outdoor girl is ready for the Bass Pro Experience at The Pyramid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: