Thursday, June 12, 2014

Twenty minutes at The Old Mill

 
 Cascading from an elevated pool, water turns the mill's wheel, then falls into the lower basin with a familiar ripple, like rainfall. Not quite as dramatic as the ebb and flow of tides upon a shore, night music that is a lullaby, but the sound of moving water offers a peaceful moment of retreat. The lush garden plants bordered with North Little Rock stone give this park a calm freshness. A man-made stone replica of an old grist mill, The Old Mill in Park Hill Historic District has been on my list for a while, as it is one of the beautiful areas of Arkansas I had not visited. I made good on the opportunity during the return trip from Hot Springs. Beside a nice lake the well-maintained park is for all ages.

1 comment:

  1. It is a beautiful spot, Jane. I pass it each time I go to my brother-in-law's. Maybe I'll stop by next time. Thanks for the reminder of what we have in our own back yard.

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback is appreciated: