Thursday, November 8, 2012

Politics and Philanthropy

               Rare is the moment when politics and philanthropy combine.  One has little to do with the other nowadays, except in this tribute.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012,  I was able to step into a voting booth in Rector, AR, and cast my ballot.  On that ballot in Clay County, AR, was Marvin Gatewood for Alderman, Position 2, West Ward.  He lost to the incumbent.  But, he got my vote and several hundred others.  I remain proud to have cast my vote for him and proud, knowing that regardless of the outcome, he will continue to work for his hometown of Rector.  He will share his business experience and his backbone and work ethic for the betterment of this tiny town.
Bartlett Tree Experts
Friday, November 9, 2012, Richard McAlister will be among several others out of Charleston, SC and the Bartlett Tree Experts (Scientific Tree Research, Residential, and Commercial International Company) to deploy to the Jersey Shore to assist in their recovery. He will be in the midst of Chris Christie’s New Jersey efforts to rebound from Superstorm Sandy and the most recent nor’easter.  I hope you will cheer for him and pray God to keep his hedge of protection around my dear, darling son. He will be in New Jersey for 10 days.
         My heart expands with pride (not the bad kind, I hope) in recognition of the hard work of these two men who happen to be cornerstones of my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: