Saturday, April 28, 2012

Our deck, April 28, 2012, 6:30 PM, Senses of Peace

Today mama turtledove cooed a welcome for her babies, nested safely within the branches of our stately Japanese Maple.  As I look not far away from her nest, I notice brown baby bunny with perky ears nestled low nibbling clover, unaware of a crimson streak passing overhead.  I listen closely as songbirds harmonize with melodious windchimes, ignoring the tone deaf mockingbird that wants the last word.  How pleasant the cool fingers of breeze that move easily through my hair and softly caress my skin. Catching a glimpse of papa redbreast zooming to his nearby home, just in time for supper, I glance aside at the sentry robin, perched upon the highest branch of the weaping fig.  Suddenly, he spies another winged neighbor and gives chase, swishing almost too close to my vantage point, interrupting my solitary musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: