Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What Are Little Girls Made Of?


Today's Highlights:  Having spent my entire career in education, the term “seniors” always catches my eye.  Now, when I see the word Senior, I quickly look to see if the word “Discount” follows it.

Today, the USofA deposited what I hope will be the first of many Social Security checks.  To celebrate, I took a motor trip down Hwy 49 to a little adventure at the Escape: Nails Spa and Salon.  True to their brochure, they welcomed me to a calm and relaxing environment ready to cater to my every need with a pedicure or manicure or facial.  On the window was a list of everything I could get waxed.  The only thing, let me say, not listed was the car!

The manicure was very enjoyable and administered for a competitive price almost identical to Best Nails in Bartlett with special attention by Amy, one of the 3 sisters there.  The Escape on Hwy 49 is new and has all the latest gadgets and décor including multiple well-appointed stations,  tile backsplash with an amber glass basin and individual nail brushes for hand-washing, single-use folded cloth towels for drying hands, and a drying table for complete polish finishing.  It was quite nice and came recommended by female associates in Rector.

However, while I waited for Marvin to pick me up (he’d gone shopping….at Lowe’s!), I walked 2 suites down to the Orschelin’s Farm Supply Store.  How crazy is that?  I do enjoy going into this store as that’s where I buy Hershey’s dog food and my bird feeder supplies.  Today I saw camouflage “lounge wear” and flirty pink camouflage shorty pjs (or undies, I could not be sure) with black lace trim, no less .  You have got to smile.  No one would be camouflaged in those outfits!

Either several planets are about to collide or there is a familiar symmetry from Nursery Rhyme days: sugar, spice and everything nice; frogs, snails and puppy dog tails. I shall have to add “hair, nails, and camouflage pj sales.”
From Steel Magnolias:  Clairee Belcher: The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize. »

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback is appreciated: